Last Revised: May 31, 2019
The CISO Executive Network (“CISO Executive Network” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.cisoexecnet.com (our “Website”), how we use the information we collect, with whom we share it, and the choices we offer you regarding our collection and use of such information. This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- The CISO Executive Network offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including affiliates and/or sponsors, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
1. Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us through the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to become a member of the CISO Executive Network, to use our Website, to register for an event, or requesting information from us;
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and/or
· From third parties, for example, our sponsors and business partners.
The personal information we may collect about you may include, without limitation:
· Contact information, such as your name, your company name and job title, postal address, email address, and phone number; and/or
· Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers.
In addition, if you access and use the Website on a mobile device and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect information about your real-time location. Please see the “Your Choices” section below for information regarding how to limit the location information that we may collect when you access and use the Website on a mobile device.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Website and user traffic. The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
· Information about the devices you use to access the Website (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
· Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
· Information on actions taken when using the Website (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve and personalize our Website, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
2. HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Website and its contents to you.
· To provide you with information, events, or services that you request from us.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To notify you about changes to our Website, information about events, or any services we offer or provide though it.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
4. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our programs.
· If you register for and attend an event, we may disclose your contact information to our sponsors of those events to contact you and market their products or services to you.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CISO Executive Network, our sponsors, or others.
5. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
6. Your Choices
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
- Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Website.
- Web Analytics. You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our Website by Google Analytics by installing the browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Location Information. If you access our Website using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of location information. For example, you can disable “Location” (or “Location Services” on iOS-based devices) on your mobile device to prevent sharing your location information with us. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust your mobile device settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Website that are designed for mobile devices.
7. Accessing and CHANGING Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not directed to, and the CISO Executive Network does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at [email protected].
10. data transfers
The CISO Executive Network is based in and operates the Website in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Website, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
11. Contact Us